Calibration Certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know that if I completed an EIC using a meter that had a date of December 2017 on it and no date of last calibration, it would not be acceptable.

So why do the police think it acceptable to back up their radar speed readings with such a cert?

Sponsored Links
Surely they can’t?

My CAT has to be indate and i’m audited on it.

I know that if I completed an EIC using a meter that had a date of December 2017 on it and no date of last calibration, it would not be acceptable.
I don't think that is correct. Who says?

If you could show you have tested it yourself regularly on known values and it had not changed, it is fine.

So why do the police think it acceptable to back up their radar speed readings with such a cert?
That must be the rules, I suppose.

Sponsored Links
I think to find out, you'd have to challenge it in court.
Mrs Secure has filled in the form to say she was driving.
You should not be forced to self-incriminate, but that's another thread!!

I think to find out, you'd have to challenge it in court.
Mrs Secure has filled in the form to say she was driving.
You should not be forced to self-incriminate, but that's another thread!!

I agree. You could just refuse to sign and tell them you'll go to court but at that point you're already fighting a losing battle.

They radar guns do have calibration certs that must be up to date or the ticket is invalid. I asked for said cert when I got collared, sadly for me, it was up to date :(

There are rules,called Speed Limits! Try sticking to them instead of trying to find stupid bloody loop holes about calibration certificates.

I've been flashed in a 40 doing 38 by those gatso type cameras. The equipment, like anything else in the world of electronics, doesn't always work as it should.

She might have been sticking to the limit. If the machine is out of calibration it could be wrong.
They will be checked frequently.Allowed 10% leeway anyway.Should not be going so fast.

Sponsored Links
Back