Calibration Checkbox/CK Combicutters

Sponsored Links
Check boxes are an excellent idea and can say £££'s but this one is not coprehesive enough for me.
The one I use incorporates a RCD and facilities to measure ELI and max fault current as well as AC and DC voltages.
This means that as I do a monthly check of my equipment, logging the results, I can send my calibration check box away for calibration check instead of all my kit. At £30 per item it would add up to more than the £50 I pay for my calibration box.

Don't know the other items you mention. Post a link

CK Don't have any info or pics yet, i've only seen them in professional electrician magazine,

hmmmm, £50 for nine resistors and a plastic box. If I was cleverer I'd have thought of that.

Sponsored Links
'The Wholesaler' are you per chance also known as Ian Foster which would indicate a rather clever but also naughty bit of free advertising for your 'resistor's in a box' thingy widget :?: :eek: ;) :LOL:

If so by the way surely it could retail a bit cheaper for what is a plastic box with banana plugs and 9 resistors, all be it with a colourful printed label???

No i'm not Ian Foster, just a plain and simple Electrical Wholesaler! gaining valuable product research from you guys!

the new CK Combicutters, 3-in-1 cuts, strips, and cuts pattress screws to size, any thoughts???

Been using those CK combicutters for a while, they are very nice to use, stripping holes are great and don't damage the cables unlike the NWS equivalent. Get them in.

CombiCutters - very useful to have the stripping and bending all in one, and the box screw guillotine feature is useful too.

As a pair of cutters they are useless IMO. Mine went blunt after a couple of months use.

I believe that the 'simple' check boxes' dont really check all the parameters of your tester. There's issues like voltages and currents used in continuity and insulation testing. eg a resistor string will not check that your tester is using 500VDC...

There are calibration checkers on teh market that do this but they cost £££££££££

I couldn't throw Draper 'Expert' and nws combi-cutters far enough when i bought my CK Combicutter 3.

Don't know that the Combicutter 3 MAX has to offer, but i'll bet its a bit like mach3 and fusion....

Have you seen the date of the original posts?
This thread has been running for over 2 years :D

I personally like NWS cutters and pliers, but agree about draper being poo.

Each to their own :LOL:

I personally like NWS cutters and pliers, but agree about draper being poo.

Each to their own :LOL:

The Knipex brand also seem to come under the Draper umberella these days , and i think that Knipex are some of the best cutters that I've ever owned.
I have a pair of 8" side cutters that i use on stainless steel locking wire and split pins and they cut through them effortlessly and have done for at least a couple of years now.

When the sparky came round to replace my CU a couple of months ago i saw that he used cable cutters for almost everything, so as my local wholesalers happend to have a sale/demo day on a few days later i invested in a small pair of Knipex 95-11-165 and they are a great little tool.

I don't know whether they have diversified into other things , but at one stage Knipex only used to make cutters and pliers and in this respect were the monkeys at the top of the tree... I hope that Draper don't 'dumb them down' to consumer level..

I used to have a pair of knipex cutters some years ago, and they were ok, but didn't seem to stay very sharp for too long.

I generally used cable shears (CK ones as it happens) for most first fix work, and some second fix work, although anything over a 10mm singles and I tend to reach for my ratchet cutters.

Of all the various make of sidecutters I've used over the years I wouldn't buy anything other than Bahco. Superb cutters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back