Call Out Charge.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boss wants me to go onto the call out rota so one weekend a month i would be on call. He said i will get x amount just for being on call and then if i actually do get called out i will get "Z amount" on top of that.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation and how much you think i should get for the "x amount" for just being on call that weekend?

Thanks everyone :)

Sponsored Links
As it is the W/E and you will not be drinking and could go out any time then I think £50 for the 2 days is not unreasonable.This is what I used to get ;)

We used to get £16.50 per night Fri - Mon as a retainer, plus a minimum of 3 hours at overtime rates if we were called out, even if it was just for half an hour.
Another point to consider:- If you've spent, say, 6 hours Sunday night / Monday morning on a callout, will you still be expected to be ready for work at sparrows cough on Monday morning?

Sponsored Links
I did on-call work for a telecoms Co

They paid £90 for Mon-Fri and £70 for Sat- Mon

Then there was distrubance money, when you get a call which was £15

Up to an hour (on PC at home) or very local visit was £30 extra.

Most on site calls were £30 1st hour and 1.5 x normal day rate for the rest of the time, minimum 3 hours pay.

The 'casual' rule was that you should have at least 6 hours sleep. So being called at 2am and get back home at 5am, would mean going to the day job at 11am (with normal 5pm) home time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back