Call-out Fiasco

I got the distinct feeling I was getting the brush off when she first offered one excuse (flooding, computers down, no access to phone numbers (never heard of phone book??)) then another (no free engineers (yeah, right!)). Then to admit "It's not good customer service, I know"....

How incompetent can you get?

Sponsored Links
thanks to sites like uswitch and similar the suppliers are in cutthroat competition. They aren't going to go to any more trouble or expense (i supsect getting the DNO out on a weekend costs them more than on a weekday) than they absoloutely have to.

Stoday said:
If you want to complain about a DNO or supplier, you should do so to Energywatch...
Too glib, and poor advice.

energywatch said:
Give your supplier an opportunity to deal with the problem first. If you are not satisfied with their response to your complaint, contact energywatch. If you are unsure about your rights, seek advice from energywatch before making your complaint to your supplier.

Sponsored Links
I would also blame the former Rt honorable Member for Finchley, at least before it was sold off, you could talk to some one.

Years ago my uncle was called by a neighbour whose fuse box was in trouble. Using a pair of large cutters and a lot of care he cut the tail(s) from the meter and capped the live end with a plastic thimble.

That prevented any further danger of fire from the crumbling wooden fuse box under the wooden stairs.

That is NOT a DIY activity

He was a civil engineer who got urgent things done and, where necessary sorted out the paper work, like permission, later.

I had one last Winter..

The Teleswitch had gone faulty and wasn't allowing any of the NSH's to charge.. contacted the supplier and they said 2 weeks, contacted a DNO engineer he said if they put the job through he could do it that day! Got back in touch with supplier and told them that they were incompetent and that I was disgusted with their service especially as this was this 68yr old lady only form of heat in the worst Winter for 14 years!!...

They came out the next day in the end and fixed it

thanks to sites like uswitch and similar the suppliers are in cutthroat competition. They aren't going to go to any more trouble or expense (i supsect getting the DNO out on a weekend costs them more than on a weekday) than they absoloutely have to.

The energy suppliers profits are astronomical. If they don't want to pay for DNO to come out its out of greed, not a lack of money. I believe they are under constant monitoring over suspicions of price fixing. It's thanks to uSwitch etc. that there is at least some competition.

things may have changed since the post was from 2007...

stop digging up old dead threads people..

;) :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back