DNO Isolators

So customers off supply till all works done. Crackin!!
Glad I don't live that way.
Surely if your fitting Granny a new CU in her little bungalow you can't leave her off supply for days?
O well

Sponsored Links
CU change should take you between 2 and 6 hours depending on number of circuits and complexity etc..

you get them in to de-energise in the morning, and arrange for them to come back later that day.. ( or stick in the fuse and wait for them to come and re-seal it.. )

So why get them out in the first place just to cut the seal off the fuse?

And now I understand why you sparks just cut the seals and get on with your job, to save the hassel.

Sorry I've lead a sheltered life only knowing the ways of my supplier. lol

I'll say it again:

WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CUT THE SEALS!!

IF WE DID, OUR EMPLOYER WOULD DO US FOR GROSS MISCONDUCT & THE DNO WOULD PRESS CHARGES!

UU De-energise (remove fuse carrier, remove fuse, replace fuse carrier & reseal, then Re-energise (remove fuse carrier, replace fuse, replace fuse carrier & reseal) a few hours later.

NOT DAYS!!

PS>

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-definitions/de-energise

Strangely enough, it does not recognise "re-energise"... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I didn't say you were.
I know your not.
All I said was I now know why some sparks do. (The hassel of waiting for us).
Sorry was just curious what other suppliers did. :(

I contacted DNO today (Scottish Power), they refused to fit an isolator and told me i had to go to my electricity supplier. :confused:

That's usually the route. Ring the number on your bill & ask them to arrange an iso.

securespark said:
That's usually the route. Ring the number on your bill & ask them to arrange an iso.

Just confused as to why other people in my area have had an iso fitted by DNO, but when i ring them they say i have to go to electricity supllier and not the DNO.

Your Customer Relationship is with the company who sends you the bill.

It is their job to know which other companies are responsible for networks, distribution and supply, meters, and other stuff. You are not a customer of any of these companies,and they don't want the cost or responsibility of maintaining "Customer Service" offices to dealwith you.

JohnD said:
Your Customer Relationship is with the company who sends you the bill.

It is their job to know which other companies are responsible for networks, distribution and supply, meters, and other stuff. You are not a customer of any of these companies,and they don't want the cost or responsibility of maintaining "Customer Service" offices to dealwith you.

See what you are saying JohnD, will ring lecky supplier and see what they say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back