calling all hotpoint experts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there the bearing has gone on our hotpoint wma 22 washing machine ,and would like to no the way to access them .so far ive remove the rubber and remove the front of the washer .please please can you help me

Sponsored Links
you "drift them out"

I am an ex HP engineer, we had a special bearing puller to get them out and in. although that is of no use to you most get them out with a club hammer and lump of steel (I jest not) the secret is getting them back in level.

(when i first started changed the whole outer tub, so did most, thats why they made a special bearing puller, that really did make it easy)

although i admire what you are trying to do, i suggest you put log roll around the outer tub, fill it with soil and grow plants in it. i have two. One has strawberries the other flowers.

Its just that unless you have the right tools (and you havent) its not worth it. You also have to change the front drum seal, the heater, the bearing seal, and the drum support (spider) if you dont change all the above you will get the same problem in a few weeks

UPDATE... ive stripped the bugger all down with plenty or cuts and scratches :oops: right im down to drum out and in half just leaving the wheel on the back to remove ,now do i undo clockwise or anti as not sure what hand thread it is

last one i did, answer was undo the nut first. HP gave us a great big ring spanner and a steel letter U to jamb in to hold the pulley still. Then you hit the spanner with a hammer because we used to use "thread locker" to make sure they would never come off while working

Sponsored Links
not a nut its a bolt undo anticlockwise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back