hotpoint WMA 37 fault lights??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

please can anybody offer advice as to why my hotpoint WMA 37 stops mid cycle. The Wash, Rinse and spin and final spin are all lit but not flashing. The machine did not reach the spin but has drained the drum before it stopped.

Sponsored Links
Hotpoint Error Codes courtesy of Rocks1

f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

So in this instance with the second light flashing the error code would be f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty

you have poss a blocked pump /check filter assy at the back of mc these error codes dont match this mc the error codes are for the newer mcs wf/wd models .i can supply the codes for the last error detected back soon

Hotpoint WMA 30/40/50 LAST ERROR DETECTED codes

Ensure that the main selector switch is in the Off or O position.

Press and hold the Super Rinse and Rinse Hold buttons whilst selecting H on the selector knob, and continue to hold for five seconds.

The 'Super Rinse', 'Rinse Hold' and 'Wash' LED's will now be flashing.

Press the Start/Cancel button for two seconds.

The 'Rinse Hold' LED will be lit and the 'Super Rinse' LED will be flashing.
The 'Final Spin' LED could be on or off at this stage.

Press the Rinse Hold button briefly.

The 'Rinse Hold' LED will be flashing & the 'Super Rinse' LED will be on steady to indicate the last error routine has been initiated.

Rotate the main programme selector knob slowly anti-clockwise to programme A

Slowly rotate the selector switch clockwise through four positions A to D inclusive, pausing briefly at each programme position. Starting with A make a note of the 'Final Spin' LED status. it will be on or off.

When the selector knob reaches D you will have a series of Ons and Offs . This 4 bit binary code should be recorded and checked against the error codes in the following table.

..............................................................A...........B.............C...........D

No spin due to O.O.B............................on.........off...........off.........off

Start butt pressed with door open.......off..........on............off........off
or O/C interlock.

Failure to fill in allotted time.................on..........on..........off..........off

Failure to pump out in time allowed......off.........off.........on..........off

No feedback from thermistor when......off.........on..........on.........off
heating.

Tacho error...........................................on........on..........on...........off

No feedback from tacho.......................off..........off.........off..........on
Motor O/C

Motor triac short circuit.........................on..........off..........off..........on

That was a bit of a pain to get lined up but I hope someone may find it useful.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Very much for your replies

i have carried out the procedure and i have the binary code of 1001 however you have 2 errors for this code.

Can you explain the two errors "no spin due to O.O.B "

and "Motor Triac short circuit"

sorry mis read the post with codes i have "motor Triac fault"
javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
Crying or Very sad

ok what was in the mc before the prob was it 1 item or full load .1 item dont spin on this mc .does the mc spin empty put on a rinse prog when its stopped filling put onto spin and see what happens.

looks like motor brushes fault , check the brushes on the motor.

the machine had a 3/4 to full load in nothing heavy. The machine ran for about 30 minutes on wash and then it drained the water as i heard the pump run. It then stopped with the 3 lights on. I then turned the dial to Off and started the rinse and spin program. The machine ran the rinse and spin program. However when i read your post i turned the dial to Off and tried you r procedure. I am not sure if i caused the triac fault by powering down the machine.

i have put the machine back on wash and i am waiting to repeat binary code procedure !!!

Now it's an intermittent fault the machine has just ran through a cycle completely, the only difference than before was that i have set it to time saver mode??javascript:emoticon(':confused:')
Confused

that error code means two things motor brushes or not draining quick enough undo sump see wants in it .let us know

emptied sump filter found several plastic toy coins,plastic,and elastic. Now set running again, wait and see time.

It s failed again same place in program. I ve the brushes and don't see any arcing from them. they were replaced approximately 1 year ago up till now the machine had functioned correctly What do i need to do to replace the motor triac ?? is it a card or a component change??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back