hotpoint wma74 washing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a hotpoint ultima wma 74 washing machine that has decided to stop mid cycle with the door lock lamp flashing.....turning off and back on again somtimes resets the fault but i have to start my washing again..

any ideas for a quick cheap fix

Sponsored Links
check the spring in the door handle is not loose otherwise door lock needs replaceing.

check the spring in the door handle is not loose otherwise door lock needs replaceing.

the door lock as in the electrical bit inside the machine or the door handle?

where would i get a replacement part?

when u pull the door open is the spring stiff or loose that is on the handle .the lock is at 3 oclock on the front panel

Sponsored Links
when u pull the door open is the spring stiff or loose that is on the handle .the lock is at 3 oclock on the front panel

spring is stiff but the door is not the tightest fit, with it closed is moves in and out about 10mm (at the lock side not the hinge) but i cant see any adjustment here?

no adjustment, need to replace the lock ebay poss cheapest BUT if you get a white lock wires must be reversed should be instructions with the new lock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back