calling out a plumber ... ?

I agree with gasgur, the amount of builders who ring and say can you look at this for us and when you ask when they need it doing they all say tommorrow.

had one who neeeded a soil stack moving cos of a new extension, hed got to the point where he'd built the extension round it bu couldnt quite get the roof finished then had the nerve to moan cos we couldnt get for 4 days.

Hed only been building the thing and looking at the soil everyday for 6 weeks. :evil:

Sponsored Links
I've just got to the stage that I charge the inconsiderate punters an extra tenner or whatever for their cheek.

Had one yesterday morning at 7.15 AM saying he needed a by-pass fitted to his boiler and could I do it right away,of course says I ,that'll be £XXXX. to which he agreed.

When I quizzed him a bit it turned out it was a thermocouple on an old RS Mexico which turned out to be a gas valve which turned out to be an ID which cost him 3hours labour plus a gas valve and a condemned boiler to boot:LOL:

I currently work as a breakdown eng for a boiler manufacturer,a couple of months ago i had to go to a job on a friday afternoon,walked up the side of the house to the front door to find a hand written note sellotaped to the door with
"boiler man,i will be home at about 6 pm"on it, so i wrote underneath it
"so will i" and cleared off.
Next week i had to go back to find a rather posh looking lady about 60 ish,dame edna glasses etc etc,she asked me rather abruptly "were you the man who came last week"...well i had to be honest and told her ...no......me? scared??
Damn right i was!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back