Camper van conversion, roof insulation

Joined
19 Nov 2008
Messages
1,188
Reaction score
43
Location
Dorset
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm just starting a campervan conversion, and thinking about sticking insulation foamboard to the roof. It occurred to me that the roof may get very hot in a summer like the last one, so what adhesive is suitable?
C.
 
CT1 or foam I guess, or combination of both as you need the grab.
Don't they have a timber frame on roof to fix panelling?
The overboard finish will hold it as well
 
CT1 or foam I guess, or combination of both as you need the grab.
Don't they have a timber frame on roof to fix panelling?
The overboard finish will hold it as well
Hi W,
Thanks for your suggestion. CT1 may be fine, but I've been researchng a bit and found this:
For applications requiring reliable performance across extreme temperatures, Sikaflex 522 is the better choice due to its specified range and durability. CT1 is suitable for quick repairs but lacks detailed temperature performance specifications.
So I've ordered sikaflex.
Cheers, C.
 
Back
Top