Camray 5 lockout (riello rdb) -hums, clicks, hums then locks out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning. Woke up to a cold house this morning.. the boiler was in lockout.

If I reset it I can hear it hum for a few seconds, then I hear what sounds like a relay clicking, followed buy a few more seconds of humming. And then It locks out.

Any thoughts on anything obvious I should check before calling someone out?

added a video so it’s clear what I’m trying to describe…

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi. I measured the capacitance and I’m getting a reading of 2.5uf. I think it should be 4.5uf based on what’s written on it. I’ll order one of these and see if it makes any difference. ..

Is there a simple way to check if the motor spins freely?

Sponsored Links
Quicker, with the power off is to slacken the jubilee clip on the air hose and flick the fan with a screwdriver.

so the fan assembly seems to spin freely. I’ll update the thread once I’ve picked up a new cap. Thanks for the help.

Hi. New capacitor came and it hasn't fixed the issue. How freely should the motor spin? I've added a video of what I getting... Does it spin as freely as you'd expect?

What happens if you switch the burner on with the new capacitor and you flick the fan? Just be ready to switch off quick.
what rating capacitor did you get?

Either going to be a motor or fuel pump . the fan seems way too stiff pop off the fuel pump and see if you can turn the shaft , if it moves freely then its the motor

OK. Think I'm getting somewhere now. Took the pump out and the motor felt the same. Connected power and the fan slowly started turning and squeeling, and eventually sped up. After thay everything felt looser. I've connected everything back together and the boiler has fired up. :giggle:. So leaving it run for a bit to get some warmth into the house.

With regards to the pump, I assume a bit of resistance is expected?

Hopefully I can pick a pump up tommorow. Not looking forward to getting that fan off!

Thanks for the replies. Think I would have bottled it otherwise.

OK. Think I'm getting somewhere now. Took the pump out and the motor felt the same. Connected power and the fan slowly started turning and squeeling, and eventually sped up. After thay everything felt looser. I've connected everything back together and the boiler has fired up. :giggle:. So leaving it run for a bit to get some warmth into the house.

With regards to the pump, I assume a bit of resistance is expected?

Hopefully I can pick a pump up tommorow. Not looking forward to getting that fan off!

Thanks for the replies. Think I would have bottled it otherwise.
would be better to pick up a motor not a pump!!

Jam the pump drive in the back of the motor and then turn the fan on the shaft with a few driops of WD or similar applied to the centre of the fan. A bit of back and forth will loosen it. Do not try to lever it.

Partial success.... Picked the motor up this evening and got it fitted without issues. Fan came off fine (used a small ball joint splitter). It's all back to get and running. It's much quieter than before.

However I've now got a small leak from the copper flanged connector to the pump. I've tried reseating it with no luck. It's pinched tight and doesn't feel like I should go any tighter. So not sure what next? I've stuck a little o ring in the join which based on 5 mins of running has stopped the leak, but a feels like a bit of a bodge... Any ideas appreciated?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back