can a 1.2 bar pump feed 5m of 15mm pipe to a bath mixer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an existing 1.2 bar pump feeding a shower only about 1m away.

All is good. its connected up close to the hot water cylinder and has its own feed from the loft cold water tank.

I now want to Tee it off to feed a 5 metre distance of 15mm pipe at the end of which sits a happy new bath and bath mixer with shower hose.

Will it cut the mustard?

And should mention I'm adding in 2 basins along the way. Generally not expecting high usage of any of em.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the flow rate as well as the pressure, hard to say without seeing a performance curve but I wouldn't expect it to run more than one outlet at once

my bad, its actually a 1.4bar Stuart Turner twin showermate.

I was hoping I would be ok with the 15mm runs instead of 22mm as it is pumped. Was easier to route a channel in the walls for 15mm hence why i used it.

Sponsored Links
Closest I can find on the ST website is a 1.5 bar, it'll work OK but you'll probably notice if you're having a shower and someone turns a tap on elsewhere

Surely they can handle one side only for a few minutes? What if some masochistic type wanted a cold shower? Or a very hot one??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back