Can a "Boiler Buddy" be fitted in an attic?

Sponsored Links
I used to fit these things but have now replaced them all. They seem like a good idea but I have noticed cracks forming in the plastic when they got to about 3 years old and I wasn't prepared to wait until one of my customers called me with a major leak... Fit a Spirovent Magnabooster... Far better quality

I used to fit these things but have now replaced them all. They seem like a good idea but I have noticed cracks forming in the plastic when they got to about 3 years old and I wasn't prepared to wait until one of my customers called me with a major leak... Fit a Spirovent Magnabooster... Far better quality

100% agree.

Sponsored Links
These things are cack.... Avoid.

Ok, so would I actually be better without it? At the moment it's easy to leave it out of the system, but I'm too tight to replace it with something better. Will it give more problems than it solves?

If you are too tight to buy decent kit, then do without....

It is made out of sh1te plastic and yes it will do more than harm than good if it splits in the loft.

IF you're not going to use anything else then make sure your system is deigned properly. Correctly installed and flushed - there should be no need for these devices anyway.

If you are too tight to buy decent kit, then do without....

Ok, I won't bother with it.

Mind you, I've got all new rads. Is there a case for leaving it in for a year to catch the initial rust (I assume oxidisation is worse when the rads are new and then slows) and removing it in a year or so before it cracks?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back