Are Boiler Buddies Any Good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Until now I have either fitted Magnacleans or Spirovent Magnaboosters when a system filter is needed.

I have stopped using Magnacleans because of quality problems, and recently I have seen suggestions that Magnaboosters don't catch much.

I am considering changing to Boiler Buddy filters. Are they good? Has anyone had any problems with them? Any other suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Easy to fit but cleaning isn't as easy as other brands as magnet is not sleeved.

Fernox TF1.. fitted a few now. One of the best things about it is you dont need to use the valves to clean it out, and if the drain on the bottom ever did start letting by(not happened yet) you could stick a 1/2" washer in the cap.

btw the boiler buddy i wouldn't go there if you want your customer to be able to clean it out. Its not diy friendly, and the clear plastic doesnt stay clear for long

Sponsored Links
did notice the plastic going black very quickly Micky

bit of a sod when it does as you have the punter bleating that the system must be completely clogged

:)

TF1 TF1 TF1 TF1 TF1...I was so impressed I fitted one on my own system. Easy to empty and no leaking valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back