Can a CH pump wear out?

ChrisR's drawings are always exceptionally clear, but you seem very confused - it's you who wouldn't be able to produce them. :rolleyes:

Why not put a stop end over the end of the vent pipe? That would stop the pumping over.

Sponsored Links
You'll never know how happy the news that your heating system works well makes me Softus, but that don't help me uncle or make the nightmare of trying to fix his system with the minimum of effort any easier does it.
I didn't say that it worked well. This perfectly illustrates the perennial problem of you not reading posts properly and not following the advice given.

All the information you need is in this topic and/or in the FAQs. If you can't follow it then you should throw in the towel and engage someone who can.

Pull yourself together Softus, a desperate bodge is not your style, I look upon you as a guru of heating troubles, just because this system is a bit trickey don't mean you can't fathom out the answer :LOL:

It. Was. A. Joke. :rolleyes:

FYI, you can't "fathom" a blockage - you have to break down the system to find it.

Sponsored Links
Ok heres the deal IMO

The water is venting over as that is the path of least resistance on this system. The old pump was not moving as much water so i would imagine (although cant guarantee) it didnt pump over. New pump even on lowest setting is too much for it to handle.

Weather this is due to poor installation or just a build up of cack in the pipework is down to you to find out as we cannot see what's happening.

When you say it's pumping over, are we talking like a tap e.g the f&e is circulating? or a steady trickle? either way i would leave the pump on setting 1 as explained by softus on page 2 or 3.

Have you considered a new heating system? With all due respect it's a bit of a lash up by the looks of things, the cylinder had iron fitting's so ain't gonna last to long and the back boiler is proably paper thin by now.

Sam

Of course it ain't, but all **ss taking aside, I can't cope with tryin to break down the elbows n find a possible block, isn't there an easy fiddle to get me out of the pumping over problem for a couple of years?

You're still not getting it - pumping over is not a problem, it's a symptom.

As (I think) I've already suggested, double dose it with X400, leave it running with all rad valves open for a few weeks, and cross your fingers.

A Magnaclean would help.

Sambot, my uncle is 85, don't like spending money n aint got much anyway, a new heatin system aint gonna happen. On the plus side, the rads and HW all work well, it's just the pumpin over, a fast trickle on 1 and a full flow on speed 3

Softus, you forgetful fellow, you advised a different person on a different post about double dosing. I've put in one can of X400 n will give it a month, what about me idea of lowering the tank n thereby increasing the vent height, will that extra head of water be enough to prevent pumping over at speed 1?

you advised a different person on a different post about double dosing.
Which is precisely why I wrote "(I think)". And as I've already pointed out, you can't afford to start getting pedantic.

I've put in one can of X400 n will give it a month, what about me idea of lowering the tank n thereby increasing the vent height, will that extra head of water be enough to prevent pumping over at speed 1?
Our existence is nothing more than a dark and mysterious moebian anomoly in spacetime, so who knows what the future will bring?

Pheeeew, Softus, now there's a statement, I'd better get me dic.......tionary out for that mass of vowels n consonants, you really are a megaplum! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back