Can a CH pump wear out?

Oh Softus, you presume that I am knowledgable about central heating systems and choose not to answer your questions, surely by now you must have deduced that I am to plumbing what a lobster is to ice skating. How am I supposed to know what heating plan a central heating system is.............surely that is your preserve

So, SambotC you think I need to replace that return T, you've been dead on the money so far, whereas Softus seems just to want to play with words and not make a decision, so replace the T it is, whatsay you Softus?

Sponsored Links
you presume that I am knowledgable about central heating systems
Please rest assured that I've no such presumption :D

I am to plumbing what a lobster is to ice skating.
Maybe so, but you claim to have replaced a radiator, a zone valve, and a circulating pump. Sometimes people are less then honest when they sniff free advice.

How am I supposed to know what heating plan a central heating system is.
Simply answer the questions and it will become obvious.

Softus seems just to want to play with words and not make a decision
I suggest that you just go right ahead and change your pump.
If you want the free advice, then have a go at answering the simple questions.

Or you could engage a heating engineer and stand him in the kitchen blindfold while you tell him everything you've told us, and see what kind of diagnosis you get. You'll have to provide a bucket into which he can piss himself laughing though.

Softus, you have misquoted me, when you told me to change the pump, you were taking the **ss because my OP you hadn't chosen to answer but instead ask loads of questions, not getting the answers you wanted resulted in that 'personality' coming to the fore again.

So, Softus, if you know that I don't know about heating systems why are you askin me what heating plan I've got?

Sponsored Links
Sambot, how long did it take to fill? about 5 minutes I suppose I suppose,

Softus, you have misquoted me
At no point have I misquoted you.

when you told me to change the pump, you were taking the **ss
No. I wasn't.

So, Softus, if you know that I don't know about heating systems why are you askin me what heating plan I've got?
At no point have I asked you what heating plan you've got. When I mentioned heating plans I was addressing ChrisR, and I didn't ask him, or anyone else, either.

OOps, Softus, no cylinder stat, yes there's a room stat, one motorised valve on 15mm CH flow

if pumps dont wear out why do the manufacturers keep making them :?:
Sometimes they block up, like this one.

Sometimes a pump valve drips water into the electrics.

Sometimes the capacitor breaks down and most people don't know to diagnose and replace them.

OOps, Softus, no cylinder stat, yes there's a room stat, one motorised valve on 15mm CH flow

rofl5.gif

if pumps dont wear out why do the manufacturers keep making them :?:
Sometimes they block up, like this one.

Sometimes a pump valve drips water into the electrics.

Sometimes the capacitor breaks down and most people don't know to diagnose and replace them.

and sometimes they just throw the towel in :rolleyes:

WHY does everything have to be a friggin argument as soon as you get into a post :rolleyes:

In the drawing Chris R you show the HW cylinder return as (I presume) a 22mm pipe. Currently it is 15mm, so you want me to replace the tee and all the 15mm return pipe with a new Tee and 22mm pipe, am I right?

OK, now we're getting somewhere.

15mm CH flow is a problem, but it might not be the problem.

Can you find the point where the boiler flow splits into two circuits - one through the cylinder and one around the radiators?

So far, it's looking quite likely that water is not flowing [much] through your cylinder coil. Does your water get hot, without switching on an immersion heater?

Yes, the split is about 12" from the boiler, all CH plumbing is 15mm, except the upstairs rad return which connects into a 22mm pipe (as does the 15mm HW return) before dropping back down to the ground floor where it goes into the pump n then back into the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back