Can a CW tank supply appliances?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK...it's a mad idea but let me ask the question anyway.

Can a 50 gallon CW tank in the loft supply CW feeds to Dishwasher, & a Washing machine?

I dont know if they require mains pressure to operate but am guessing that they might....

Rgds. Scott.

Sponsored Links
i don`t see why not but to be honest if piping it up my self then would run feed off near kitchen tap

Specs on dishwasher say 0.5 to 10 bar and 5-10l min so should be ok. Not sure about washing machine yet.

I might be thinking ar** about face here but the reason I was half thinking about it is I have a combi that I want to keep fully supplied with CW feed even when appliances filling to avoid chances of a dip in combi output.

But .. thinking about it. The incoming mains is 20L/min at 3 bar and the combi pumps out 12L/min at around 64 C.

Does that tell me that I should have 8 L/min 'spare' for filling appliances etc.

I have a 50 gallon tank in the loft currently feeding bath only (from previous owners installation) and I can easily drop a pipe down into the kitchen to feed the appliances.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back