Can a Hive replace these heating and hot water controls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,
We have just moved and the house has two controllers for the heating system.
The boiler is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDI. - Old but appears in good order with service history.
The controllers / Program are:
Drayton lifestyle and a Salus RT500
If possible I would like to have a Hive Active Heating and Hot Water fitted.
There is a hot cylinder and a mid position motorised valve.
Any pointers / information would be very welcome
Pete

Sponsored Links
Yes.
Both the Drayton and Salus and the wiring for them is removed completely.
Hive connects directly to the wiring centre with a few modifications to the wiring. Typically this is located next to the hot water cylinder, although it's possible for it to be elsewhere.
Thermostat piece is wireless so can be placed wherever you want it.

Thank you flameport.
I have a look for the wiring centre and maybe I could then ask for some installation advice
Pete

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Cheers Ianmcd.
Yes I all ready have the Hub from the old address just need the thermostat and receiver for heating and hot water.

Cheers Ianmcd.
Yes I all ready have the Hub from the old address just need the thermostat and receiver for heating and hot water.
personally I would buy a complete new set, you might come up against problems trying to bind the new setup with the old hub, for all the price difference I would just get a new full set

I never even considered I could come up against problems, I assumed as I would keep in the old logon for hive that it would be a straightforward re-connection with a new receiver and thermostat but I take your point, thanks.

No they all talk to each other and your old hub will look for the old configuration, not saying it cant be done , but you might need to contact Hive support to register it all, have come across this with customers moving property and trying to do it , I really like the Hive , but the back up from their IT is terrible, come back and let us know how you get on with whatever you do , it will help others looking to do similar

Thanks Ian. It’s on the “to do” list I’ve been given!
I was taking the opportunity to find and ask this forum about this change to Hive as I sat and had a tea break from the list I’ve been given and thinking about a bit of forward planning.
I will definitely get back and update the forum and no doubt ask a few questions about the rewire to hive, thanks again Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back