Can a jacuzzi filter work as a whole house filter?

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hello! I have recently moved to Brazil from the UK and moved into my renovated flat.

Part of the renovation was the installation of a water filter, water heater and steam room system.

Since i started using it (a few months ago), it has been fraught with problems, mainly leaking.

I am constantly told by the water tech company that the problem is the high water pressure in the building (I’m in a tenth floor apartment). But isn’t is possible to analyse the pressure before installing equipment to cope with that pressure?

The last visit (one week ago), they replaced the filter, which was leaking from the top. But then the pressure in my toilets and showers was too low: they increased it a little. But now the filter is constantly dripping again.

It seems to me that the problem is with the equipment, not the pressure. The filter is a jacuzzi filter: can this really function as a whole house filter? My problem is, that I don’t want to be faced with having to pay for a whole new set of equipment.

I’m happy to hear any thoughts or advice. Thank you!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back