Whole House Water Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can get a decent whole house water filter (fed by mains) for under about £150 (or is this unrealistic?).

Ideally I need one that will remove sediment, chemicals, chlorine, pesticides, herbicides with a filter down to about 1 micron if possible but does not cut down water flow by too much.

I’ve seen loads online but at £400 to £500 with filter kits that need changing every six months at £100 to £150 a time.

I’ve seen these filters (link below) but can’t find any information on water flow etc.

http://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=67

Any help anyone?

(p.s I’ve seen ones on screwfix etc but they are not much more than sediment filters).

Sponsored Links
yes your being unrealistic. You should always be wary of buying something cheap thats made of multiple bits of plastic and seals and is going to handle mains pressure water. A insurance claim is usually not far over the horizon.
If your gonna do the job properly you'll have to budget in other materials, such as Pressure Reducing Valve, quality isolators, pipe and fittings, these alone could set you back £50 or more.
Buy cheap now, pay for it later.

why do you want to filter the water that you use to flush the toilet, or wash up with?

Sponsored Links
For health reasons mainly,

We want to be able to drink the filtered water and also remove chlorine etc from bath water & showers as my son has really bad eczema.

Three years of backwards & forwards to the doctors & hospital with no significant improvement. We have done a lot of reading and found a lot some eczema suffers find some relief if chlorine is removed from bath/shower water, we bought a bath bomb and cut out showers. There was a definite improvement.

Thus seems easier to fit whole house filter as we have two showers and bath and cut down on the gallons of bottled drinking water my wife buys every week.

Looked at one of those under sinks water filters for drinking water but cannot fit one as I have granite work tops and nowhere to fit tap.
Also looked at separate shower head filters and keep using bath bomb but thought whole house filter would be more practical.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back