Can a mixer shower tap be broken by hand?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello..

Bit of an odd question - can a manual mixer shower (like this one - http://www.ideal-standard.co.uk/tratto/bath-shower-mixer-taps-a1358aa.aspx ) be broken by hand; say for instance if someone tugs the stopper too quickly or something?

I ask because my bro's staying at my place temporarily and since he's stayed the mixer shower tap broke for the first time (right after he'd used the bath). The tap doesn't send water to the shower. We had it repaired and now it's happened again, right after he's used it. I'm thinking maybe he doesn't know how to use it properly as he's quite simple and has the hands of an ogre so might have broken it, but obviously if this is not possible without tools then it means the tap probably wasn't fixed properly.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what size ogre are we talking about. Sort of "shrek" or full on lord of the rings?

Sponsored Links
:LOL: Shrek !

But seriously, I'm trying to figure out how it's broken again so soon after having a new part fitted. I'm going to have to get it repaired again and I don't want this to keep happening. What sort of misuse could break the diverting mechanism?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back