Can a plug socket lamp be wired in on the lighting ring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We have a couple of unterminated wires in the wall which used to feed under cupboard fluorescent lights. The lights (and the cupboards) are now gone. We are looking into what to do with the remaining wiring, and our idea is to install lighting on the shelf we are going to put up.

For the first unterminated wire we are going to feed some under shelf LED strip lighting; the type that comes with a driver. I've been told that's fine.

But for the other we either want to fit a gooseneck lamp or something like this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90216543/

Most of what we like is the type that has a plug.....

So my question is whether there is a way in which we can power such lights form the remaining wire? Can wiring from the lighting ring/circuit feed a socket (that would ONLY be used for the lights)? Can you get "light only" wall sockets? Or can you change these types of lights so that they work with a driver? Any other ideas if all my ideas so far are non-starters?

Many thanks

Max

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back