Replacing kitchen cabinet fluorescent tube lights with leds?

20 Mar 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
We have a 2-gang wall light switch in our kitchen controlling the ceiling light and some under cabinet fluorescent tube lights. In total there's three fluorescent lights (two on one wall, either side of cook/extractor and a third on a different wall). The lights appear to be driverless and wired directly into the 1.5mm mains cable buried behind the wall. To avoid re-tracing new wires, whats the best type of under cabinet led lights to go for? I had a quick look in B&Q at the weekend but their packs came with drivers which had a mains plug. I'm after something which can be wired straight into the lighting circuit.
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links