What watt? - Under cabinet fluorescent lighting!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again!

I have two wall units in my kitchen separated by a cooker to which I would like to attach under cabinet fluorescent lighting.
The units are 1100mm and 800mm.

If I house two evenly spaced 10w tubes each measuring 425mm under the 1100mm cabinet and one 20w tube measuring 625mm under the 800mm cabinet, would this give an even balance of light under each cabinet?
Naturally, I don’t want to end up with one area significantly darker than the other.

I realise this may be more related to light intensity than wattage but any views or experience is appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

This is experience. I have 1.3m of wall cabinets either side of the hob (with approx 900mm hob gap). I have one 16w light either side and the light emitted is quite adequate (but you, or I, do need the hob lights on if doing any delicate cooking). In your case (this is a view) I would use two 20w lights evenly spaced. Flourescent light is quite diffuse and gets into corners you wouldn't think it would find!

Rgds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back