Supply Cable for Under Cabinet Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an LED under cabinet light but no cable. I found a supply cable that fits the socket (which will fit only way round) but I've no idea whether the polarity for these cables is standard regardless of manufacturer and therefore OK to use across brands?

Also... I'm assuming an LED under cabinet light with this type of mains cable (i.e. same as used on fluorescent under cabinet lights) has the LED driver built in? Or do some LED under cabinet lights use this type of connection and still need a separate driver?

This is the type of connection I am referring to:
29936.jpg

Grateful for any advice!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, this type is used for 230v mains only.

Regards,

DS

To be honest you was lucky finding a plug to fit the socket, as TTC says theres so many varieties out there, some makers even supply 2 or 3 adapters to get round the issue
Without an existing lead that you could test, you would not know the connections, but id guess there made to some standard and all the same polarity wise.
the reason for the one way fitting plug possibly to keep internal components like the switch or safety fusing device in the live rather than neutral.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Thanks for your comments. I will not have access to the light for a few weeks but will see if I can spot a make / model when I'm next there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back