LED driver with no cable grip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got some LED drivers for LED strip that I'm planning on putting under kitchen cabinets, both branded Saxby lighting, which I thought is fairly reputable.

The drivers will go on top of the cabinets, fairly standard installation. The problem is the LED drivers don't have any form of cable restraint on the 24v side, the 230v side is fine though. Seems a bit of a bodge to me to just connect my cables to the 24v side with just the screw terminal connection holding them in place, no other cable grip. What's your thoughts on this, just go ahead and connect them up and don't worry as they'll be out of the way on top of the cabinets or is something else needed?
Cheers for any replies

Sponsored Links
16983508431117936013154782305897.jpg
16983509028302008068376233996923.jpg

Sponsored Links
You raise a good point and I would expect it to have one.
However so long as you adequately secure the cable anyway it should not be an actual problem.

You raise a good point and I would expect it to have one.
However so long as you adequately secure the cable anyway it should not be an actual problem.
Agree. All cables should be clipped, cleated and/or supported. That applies on the LV (mains) and ELV (24v) side.

In the end I've just secured the drivers in place and clipped cables well either side, and they're ferruled up, screwed in nice and tight, not going anywhere. The drivers are from a well known national wholesaler, I was disappointed to see they have no cable grips on the ELV side but they appear to conform to all relevant standards. There's a few other brands out there also without proper cable restraint, so it's not a one off just from Saxby.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back