Can a Secondary external EV be located remotely?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having sorted out my combi boiler I have realised that since the addition of 2 sizable rads to the system, the boiler gauge rises from its pretty static 1 bar when the heating is off up to 2.5 bar when its on. If I lock off a couple of rads and start the central heating then the pressure rises to 2 bar. I am therefore convinced that the extra 2 rads (from 9 to 11) has taken me over the 91 litre limit that the 10 litre internal expansion vessel can handle.

Since the Internal EV is working okay, can I add and external EV into the return system remotely from the boiler ? Its just that the boiler pipes are inaccessible to add a Tee into the return. I do have an airing / drying cupboard about 20 feet away with a traditional radiator in which would be easy to Tee into and would also be an ideal place to conceal the EV. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
yes it wont be a problem just let your service agent know that you have two so he checks the charge on both (hopefully) when servicing the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back