Can any Aberdeen plumbers get old Ideal boiler seals?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a flat in Aberdeen and the boiler was working fine but failed the Landlord's gas safety check this year when I used British Gas to get it. I understand that British Gas have a habit of failing things that can be repaired.
I have had a second opinion but they said the seals were obsolete.
Someone on a different forum told me to come here as someone may be able to get the seals for me.
It's a long shot, I know.
Unfortunately I can't work out the boiler number and haven't been told which seal is required so I would need a local plumber I guess.
Thanks,
My mobile number is 07954358174 if you can help.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The boiler make and model is likely to be on the safety certificate, also what has the engineer left you in the way of paperwork? We have to leave a written notice when turning an appliance off for saftey,

It just says Ideal W2000. I took photos of the inside labels of the boiler but the plumbers couldn't tell me what specific model it was from that and I don't have any paperwork.
Yes I did get a notice when the plumber turned it off.

Sponsored Links
Apparently it is the combustion seals that I need for the Ideal W2000 boiler.
On the boiler plate it has several GC Numbers but one of them is underlined: 50F GC No 4142143

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back