can any one help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a baxi 80i boiler

the problem i have is the hot water is not running hot but central heating is as good as it should be

the water will run hot low tap pressure but after a short while it goes luke warm

pressures ok

microswitches seem ok allthough it seems when turned on hot water only it divirts the water down to the central heating

many thanks dane

Sponsored Links
Diverting water to the wrong place points to a faulty diverter, often due to dirt in the system if it's switching OK.
Hot water going cold then hot then cold, usually points to a clogged secondary heat exchanger, due to dirt in the system.

These are pretty typical symptoms of a cheap boiler change - old rads not cleaned out roperly. Commonest thing we see.
Solution depends on who does it. You could try a chemical clean/flush, to clean the system, but the boiler is likely to have to come to bits as well.

thanks for your reply so soon ill get some one int to have a go at flushing it out forgot to mention that we have hard water round where i live so could it be a limescale build up

cheers dane

Unlikely - different symptoms. Boiler "scale" is basically radiator rust, though calcium plays a part.

Sponsored Links
thanks again looks like im going to have to get some one out and flush the system

what you looking at cost wise mate

thanks again dane

just a quick one whats the easiest way to flush the system out with out taking the combi apart

and what to flush it out with

many thanks dane

flushing cost wise depends on what part of the uk u live. We charge £450 with the magnaclean system

I would recommend you try yourself first if you feel competent enough to do so and add sentinel X400 for a couple of weeks then flush your system.

Either way the boiler does not need to be stripped down as you are trying to remove the sludge from inside the pipes.

whats the best procedure then for flushing the boiler and rads out pritty confident in doing it

thanks for your help

Dane

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37170

Squirt some Sentinel X400 in and run the system for a month to loosen the sediment, then do the flushing.

If you can afford an extra £100 and do simple plumbing a Magnaclean witl capture a lot of circulating black sediment (flushing never gets it all out) and will work indefinitely

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back