Can anyone confirm this is wrong?

In the real world it makes no odds. If you disconnected the grey pipes, filled your sink with water and removed the plug - then waste water would pizz out of both sides regardless that one was slightly higher than the other - schoolboy physics should tell you that much. Besides, water cannot travel down the dishwasher pipe as it's full of air or water with no-where to go. Gedditt?

Sponsored Links
seem like you have your answer........but you are not getting the person who did it back. You could at least let them know that you aint too pleased......they may even learn something from their mistake

I expect that nupties get told how stupid they are many times!

I am more concerned about the fact that your electric sockets are in a bad spot, immediately under a sink, as far as I know, there should be no electrical sockets within a meter or so of any sink, (the electrical safety regulations, latest edition may dictate a different distance) However, its not the fact that the sockets are underneath, and are not readily accessable, but imagine if any of those flexible hoses split and starts jetting water directly towards the sockets, and or if the sink top to wall joint develops a leak and the water starts running down into the sockets, this is the water that splashes when you are using the kitchen sink and can run along the wall straight into the sockets, if the wall joint became bad over some time,. So I would take some steps to move them somewhere else more safer, or make some splash proof covering, and may be fit someting to stop water getting into the sockets if should the sink top seal ever leaks water, so it would be deflected away from teh sockets. this is all from the electrical safety point of view.

In the real world it makes no odds. If you disconnected the grey pipes, filled your sink with water and removed the plug - then waste water would pizz out of both sides regardless that one was slightly higher than the other - schoolboy physics should tell you that much. Besides, water cannot travel down the dishwasher pipe as it's full of air or water with no-where to go. Gedditt?

Joe is tolerably amusing at times, and at other times he is wrong. The outlet is the lower branch. Back-siphonage into dishwashers and washing machines can and does occur, but it is easily prevented by the correct installation of the various components in the waste system.

Sponsored Links
I am sure that Joe90 always instals a non return valve in his WMC waste outlet hoses!

He is a member of my fan club so I have to say nice things about him!

Thanks for the laugh Joe, were you speaking from experience or cloud cuckoo land. :LOL:

But I'm still right - disconnect the grey pipes and see what happens when you pull the plug out. Live in the real world guys - not some imaginary world where regs matter.

Neither is the suggested kwick fix. Anyway, in the real world it worked. Fix what doesn't work not what does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back