Can anyone find me this bolt/screw on-line??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post here and normally a regular on a motorbike forum. I have recently tried to put a new exhaust on and messed up one of the bolts. The manufacturer (Devil) have kept me waiting so going to try and buy this screw so i can fit this can quicker.

Hope you guys can help!!!

When i was fitting my new end can i overtightened a screw and ordered another though devil. However, 3 weeks on its still not here and i need to get this can on!!

All the other parts i ordered are ready except this one so if i could find it online then could get started.

As incentive, anyone that find it gets the rest of my paypal account (£2.11 :rolleyes: )

Spec:

Overall Length - 30mm
Diameter ~8mm
Length of first section - 7mm
Middle non-threaded section - 3mm
Length of second section - 20mm

DSC01075.jpg

DSC01076.jpg

DSC01077.jpg

Broken one (not focused well)
DSC01078.jpg

Hope someone can help. Its driving my crazy that Devil probably have loads laying around but can put one in an envelop and send it to me!! :evil:

Sponsored Links
It's a stud.

Presumably you want a stainless one.

I don't know if it's important to have that unthreaded section. If you put a nut on one end, what does the other end screw into?

When you overtightened it, what did you damage?

If it was me, I would probably ct 30mm off a long stainless bolt, and smooh off the tread by running a nut up and down it.

Look in your yelloe pages for Engineering Supplies and ring to see if they will sell small quantities.

If you're using stainless, buy some Stainless Anti-seize lubricant as well.

example:
http://www.ebolt.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=18_27

Could you not use a long M8 (assuming it's M8 here) bolt, cut the hex head off it so that it's the correct length then hacksaw a slot in one end? Screw the end without the slot into the hole, fit your can with a nut and shakeproof washer (spring washer) whilst holding the stud in place with a screwdriver. This should work fine, then if and when your ordered bolt turns up you can fit that.

One end screws into the can, then a nut on the longer end with the exhaust system hold in middle, if that makes sense.

I spoke to yet another supplier and he said allen key bolts length of ~20mm should work fine.

You think thats the best idea? I dont have a vice so cutting the bolts is going to be a challenge :i

Sponsored Links
no

usually M6 means 6mm , M10 means 10mm thick (diameter)

M4 x 8mm mean 4m diameter, 8mm long

A bolt will be fine. Probably M8 25 would fit. Your local motorbike shop probably has them in little packets at an exhorbitant price. But stainless is inclined to seize so buy that lubricant as well.

p.s. look at the price of a metre of 8mm stainless studding from my first link
S/S STUDDING 1 MTR. LENGTH M8x1m £1.70
and be astonished at how much a 30mm stud costs you.

yes

20mm is the length of the threaded shaft (excluding the length of the head)

You may need to ask for a "Machine screw" where the thread runs all the way up to the head (the thread on a "bolt" need not do this)

Im going to look at the current allen key bolts are shaped as i think these should be ok but best to check i guess.

Image of the one im thinking but 12mm

A2_ScrewBolt_SHCap_M8_12.jpg

JohnD said:
The one in your pic has a tapered shank and is not fully threaded so might not fit.

Going to look at one on bike atm and see from there.

I need them 12mm, ive ordered some (like £2) so see what they are like

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back