Can anyone help figure out the cause of the leak on this shower? (Pics included)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower started leaking from both where the shower hose goes into the unit, and from the bottom middle of the unit itself, when turned on. When it's off there is much less of a leak, but it still leaks a bit. The shower is a Galaxy 2000LX. Could someone help me diagnose the problem and the fix? Looking at the picture, the clamp on the black tubing to the left has broken, and that seems to be where the leak is coming from (makes sense). What's the part that I need and is there a particular way to fit this?

I'm guessing you turn off all water supply at the stop cock, remove the broken clamp, disconnect the tubing, put the new clamp over the tubing, reattach the tube and then tighten the clamp over it? It sounds obvious as I write it, but I just don't want to overlook anything.

Attachments

• IMG_7664.jpeg
    IMG_7664.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Yup, looks like the centre left click clip has snapped, just get a comparable sized jubilee clip, even then a nice fat zip tie pulled nice and tight would probably do it.

Water and leccy off before dong anything, remove the broken clip and carefully prise the pipe off the plastic, slip over the new clip and tighten (just nip it up, not too tight), power up, water on and test for leakage.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back