Can anyone help me with system design

AMEdinbugh wrote

I am hoping there is a simple (and therefore clever) answer to this conundrum to allow the boiler to continue supplying the heat exchangers even when the desired room temperature has been reached.

Yes their is a simple answer to this problem.
The thermostats you fit to control the pool temperature and the treadmill tank temperature energise motorised valve's to open , which in turn energises the boiler through the end switches in the motorised valves.

What type of thermostats are you using and where do you intend to locate them ?

Sponsored Links
Dear Agile

I understand and see such a product made by Honeywell in the Screwfix catalogue.

In effect I would then have this in the "trunk" and a thermostatically controlled 2 way valve in each branch. Is that correct?

As far as your dog's chip is concerned, it can be most difficult to find and with the age of your old dog is likely to be the old format 10 character standard which are smooth and more likely to migrate after implantation. For the past 10 years or so the newer 15 digit chips have been in use which are microscopically roughened to minimise migration. They also work on a different frequency, as the old ones could be unreliable near fluorescent lights. Also the current scanners flip amongst three frequencies spending most time on the new one making the newer chips even more reliable.

Also they are sterilsed by gamma radiation as they can (but not always) fail if heated in an autoclave.

Finally, we only charge £15 for a chip (as I think it should be done for every pet and we keep the cost as low as we can) if it's done with a vaccine or surgical procedure, so it's probably not worth it and if you were in my consulting room and told me the answer to this problem you might have got it on the house!

Thank you

Dear Norcon

I think I'm sorted now. I'm using all Honeywell products and have two spa thermometers which have long copper bulbs which are inserted into pockets tapped and threaded into the pipework. They'll give me a switched live a Neutral and Earth feed for the Honeywell motorised valves and now I know, from there to the boiler. I'll be buying another valve and stat for the biggest room but I'm not ready for that yet.

Thank you for your interest. Both you and Agile came good for me and your help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for telling me about the dogs chip.

Its possible that my dog had the later chip. However many of the rehomed dogs now come ready chipped and your price is very reasonable.

I always think that getting an adult dog can be better and I always think that taking a stray dog from a rescue home is helpful to everyone. But my last dog was very pretty as well as being very intelligent. Her only failings were to want to chase other dogs, refuse to retrieve anything or to play with balls and to welcome strangers rather than barking and biting them. She could also jump over an 8' high fence as one kennels discovered. She also could open a standard yale front door lock if the snib was not down.

In any case I have not yet decided if I am going to get another dog as there are a lot of other issues to be considered although I think that having a dog is good training for the 14 y.o. girl.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back