Can anyone please help me track down this part?

The pressure sensor appears to be wired through the high limit stat. Have you checked it?
Seems you are 100% correct. Any idea why they would have it wired like that? I definitely came like that

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-29 175226.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-29 175226.png
    294 KB · Views: 27
Sponsored Links
If the limit stat has operated the red indicator should be on. Doesn't mean that it will be. Check the reset button.

edit: mean

Last edited:
If the limit stat has operated the red indicator should be on. Doesn't mean that it will be. Check the reset button.

edit: mean
I've tried it a few times, I don't think I can bypass the boilers checks. It's a fairly modern oil boiler so it's runs on the same concept as a gas combi, where pcb board would check sensors before firing. I can't think how to bypass it if unwiring the sensor doesn't work

Surely your boiler is under warranty ? I know firebird warranties range from 2 to 10 years
I do wish you luck talking to firebird they are not the best.
We have refused to fit them for some time and now won't take the later models on for servicing either.
You did actually put a link in when wireing out the pressure switch?

Sponsored Links
Surely your boiler is under warranty ? I know firebird warranties range from 2 to 10 years
I do wish you luck talking to firebird they are not the best.
We have refused to fit them for some time and now won't take the later models on for servicing either.
You did actually put a link in when wireing out the pressure switch?
My god are they really that bad? Not even servicing them? Yes still under warranty. Where exactly should the link be?

Remove wires coming from pressure switch replace with a short link of wire .
Unfortunately firebird are not the best taken a fair few out leaking at 5/6 years old.
Technical backup is poor 1 day out of warranty won't even talk to you if you ask for advice.

Thanks for all your help lads, back up and running with a link and I'll keep and eye on the pressure. I found the part I needed online too, hopefully gets posted first thing Tuesday. Happy New Year folks 10/10

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back