Can anyone please help me track down this part?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor 32700046, it also says on the label 20/21, 4600700020000.

Basically there's been a leak since the boiler was installed but it was really hard to pick up, pressure kept dropping since last year when it was installed, I was told it has to be a leak in the system somewhere, but it could not be found. I noticed lots of rust discolouring directly under this part and when I nudged it I could clearly see it was loose, the whole plastic part has been threaded. I can't find it anywhere online

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Plug the socket and make a manual connection until you can fimd a replacement. I.I.R.C. Grant did away with these units on their boilers. As long as you keep an eye on the pressure gauge, it's hardly necessary.

Plug the socket and make a manual connection until you can fimd a replacement. I.I.R.C. Grant did away with these units on their boilers. As long as you keep an eye on the pressure gauge, it's hardly necessary.
I was thinking about gluing a heavy plastic washer around the busted thread and using a rethreader over that haha, my wife said I was nuts so I moved on

how would you make a manual connection? If I put a short m12 bolt in there and plugged it, how would I get the sensor connected?

Trace that sensor cable back to the controls wiring center and link it out. Make sure you have isolated the supply to your boiler first.

Trace that sensor cable back to the controls wiring center and link it out. Make sure you have isolated the supply to your boiler first.
It's just a plug out on the sensor end, would be the same thing? Is the sensor needed tho, I wouldn't want to damage other parts. Sorry I only have very basic knowledge of this stuff but getting heat over the weekend would be epic

As said by oilhead. Keep an eye on the pressure gauge. Top the pressure up if you need to and it will be ok.
The burner won't fire up, I tried it both ways, I unwired the sensor but the burner won't take the call for heat :( seems we're having a cold new year lol thanks for the assistance folks but unless a new sensor drops in my lap I don't think I can bypass it

Can you post a photo of what you are doing. Do you have a multimeter?
My multimeter is in work but I think could borrow a friends if it's really needed.

The black sleeved wire on the right is the sensor, I took the wires out and fired the boiler up, all lights came on, hot water green, call for heat green and filled 1 bar. But the burner just didn't start. It's only a year old so in my mind it's acting like it needs that sensor as opposed to being broken

Attachments

• 404436907_1034466044549788_4807619700678062310_n.jpg
    404436907_1034466044549788_4807619700678062310_n.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 37
The pressure sensor appears to be wired through the high limit stat. Have you checked it?
I'm assuming that's how it's supposed to be wired? Not had a problem with it all year besides the leak and constant pressure drops. The red high stat light is off, it would be red wouldn't it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back