Can anyone please tell me...

Sorry for the crap explainin guys, but I've only owned a house for a few month, and am really no genius at this kinda thing.

I fully opened the tap under my kitchen sink where the water is fed to my house, as it was only opened a little bit, because the water pressure was pants.

The radiator removed is upstairs in my ensuite.

Bled the radiators? I did check that water came out of the radiators with that lil key, I jus did a few radiators and I didn't let much out as didn't want to loose all the fluid in the radiators?

Any of you in the Lincolnshire region? :D lol

Thanks

Sponsored Links
YOu hear water running in the loft when the heating's on, perhaps?

I'd guess it's sludged up, and with a tired pump and a 3 port valve not going fully to CH Only, (so water's still going round the HW circuit) there isn't enough pressure to get the water round the system, especially through the downstairs rads where the grot collects.

Sorry for the rubbish explainin guys, but I've only owned a house for a few month, and am really no genius at this kinda thing.

I fully opened the tap under my kitchen sink where the water is fed to my house, as it was only opened a little bit, because the water pressure was pants.

The radiator removed is upstairs in my ensuite.

Bled the radiators? I did check that water came out of the radiators with that lil key, I jus did a few radiators and I didn't let much out as didn't want to loose all the fluid in the radiators?

Any of you in the Lincolnshire region? :D lol

Thanks

you're doing fine .

You will need to bleed all the rads if you are to eliminate an airlock as being part of the problem.
Any rads that don't either bleed air or water under pressure are an indication of a problem.
Your small header tank in your picture will automatically replenish any water loss and frankly we are only talking about a few cup-fulls .

Is it possible to reconnect the en-suite rad temperarily to test the system to make sure it isn't part of the problem?I have known systems to use a rad as a bypass for balancing purposes

Also if you are hearing running water in the loft you should check that the ball valve in the header tank is shutting the water supply off when the tank is filled to the right level. Push the ball arm up and down to check operation. You need to find out if the water is from the ball valve or is from the expansion pipe over the tank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back