Can anyone please tell me...

Thanks for the help all.

Just put the CH to ON, went to the Thermostat and made sure it clicked, which it did then went to airin cupboard and heard nothin. Plus never heard boiler kick in, don't know if it should? I still have hot water when I need it, it's just central heating.

V4073A 1039 is number on 3 way port valve.

There is LED's working. And boiler pilot light is lit.

Plus the water tank thermostat just spins round, dosnt stop at max or anything!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
An 'interesting' wiring job, I have to say. It's definitely a y-plan setup. Here's the official wiring diagram, which is usually done with a purpose-made junction box:

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/Schemes/y1.jpg

From what you say, if you have hot water, the motor in the 3 port valve has probably gone and will need replacing. In the meantime there's a lever on the silver box part of the valve that you can use to latch the valve half way open. If you push the lever the valve will open slowly against the spring, and you put the lever sideways into a little catch, hold for a second and the spring will take up the slack. Then you'll have heating of a sort - get the boiler going on hot water mode, and the radiators will get hot too. You won't have much control but it will warm you for a while until you can get it fixed properly.

Let us know how it goes.

great so the boiler is ok the pump is ok and you have hot water.
That means your 3 way valve is not working. When you switch to CH it should activate your 3 way diverting valve to divert the boiler water to the rads

There should be a lever on the 3 way valve to allow manual operation.You can use it to check that the valve is not stuck or jammed. I suspect it is.

You must replace the cylinder sensor asap. Its an important safety feature.
To be honest your system is crap :rolleyes:
I always hated 3 way valves and never fitted one in 20 years of installing. I always used a 2x pump system much more reliable and efficient.

The wiring in the box looks lethal. I can see a live wire falling out of the choc strip. Suggest you turn off electric to boiler , pull the fuse and check the wiring in the connection strips.

You beat me to it Mogget :D

Sponsored Links
I've seen far worse heating systems than this one... I do agree though that wiring is cr*p and really needs fixing asap. But as long as there's no kids in the house and nobody sticks their finger in it... well. hmm.

Right put the hot water on, then went to airin cupboard and pushed the lever on the bottom of the 3 way valve to fully the other direction. Pump could be heard running, and I could hear water running from what sounded like the loft? Will see if the radiators get warm :)

Any air that is trapped in the heating system should find it's way to your loft via the air separator and vent pipe, this would explain the sound. It might indicate that a dose of corrosion inhibitor would be a good idea (it usually is :))

Any air that is trapped in the heating system should find it's way to your loft via the air separator and vent pipe, this would explain the sound. It might indicate that a dose of corrosion inhibitor would be a good idea (it usually is :))

Thanks for all your help dude, been a legend! Just hope the rads heat up now, can hear like floorboards creekin so hopefully thats the pipes heatin. Plus boiler keeps clickin. :)

Thanks guys, will look for this handle now! :) Will keep you updated!

Thats ok glad to help .....now lemmesee that'll be 75.00 advisory fee 65.00 call out fee 55.00 for the first 30 minutes plus Vat ... :rolleyes: lets call it an even 500.00 squids :LOL:
Hope you're warm tonight anyways

Thats ok glad to help .....now lemmesee that'll be 75.00 advisory fee 65.00 call out fee 55.00 for the first 30 minutes plus Vat ... :rolleyes: lets call it an even 500.00 squids :LOL:

:D that made me giggle :oops:

Lol! :D Yer, if it does work then how much would it be to put right :p

Downstairs dosn't appear to be heating :(

Lol! :D Yer, if it does work then how much would it be to put right :p

Downstairs dosn't appear to be heating :(

downstairs is extra :LOL:

After leavin the heating on only one radiator nearest the airing cupboard went warm, not hot just warm, no other radiators came on. It's like it came on for a small bit then went off??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back