Can bonnet hip tiles be used on gable ends

I'm not keen on double crested ridge tiles.
A nightmare on butt cheeks when repointing :)

They're a bit too fussy, IMHO.
Look ok(ish)on slate roofs.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, a roof is to keep you dry, the simpler the roof the better.

You have probably the best roof money can buy, why spoil it with fancy trimmings?

Only my opinion, some on here will prefer the opposite, I'm sure.

Sponsored Links
I'm not keen on double crested ridge tiles.
A nightmare on butt cheeks when repointing :)

They're a bit too fussy, IMHO.
Look ok(ish)on slate roofs.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, a roof is to keep you dry, the simpler the roof the better.

You have probably the best roof money can buy, why spoil it with fancy trimmings?

Only my opinion, some on here will prefer the opposite, I'm sure.

I guess I have started to really appreciate detailing. I think it gives character to a home and differentiates it from your bog standard roof / home.

I appreciate detailing but on the right property.
I suppose you'd get a more accurate opinion if you posted a photo of the house rather than a drawing, we don't have the benefit of knowing what it really looks like.

Sponsored Links
FWIW too many arched windows - one over the main porch is good , not the others;)

FWIW too many arched windows - one over the main porch is good , not the others;)

Yes the architect didnt follow our instructions. Its going to remain as a rectangle as it is at the moment, just the one round centre window.

Ok so the above pictures should give you an idea of the existing house before we started the rebuild and also some views of neighbouring house. Still think no double crest ridge tiles? Some houses on the street have both these and bonnets like this neighbour's.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back