Can condensate pipe be connected to washing machine standpipe like this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Seen a condensate attached to a teed of washing machine standpipe as per pic. Is this a legitimate method of running a condensate pipe internally?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-212901.png
    Screenshot_20220202-212901.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 597
Sponsored Links
Looks like it needs clipping to the wall but that's all I can see wrong with it. I would treat that as an urgent matter given the type of fittings as it could rotate forward away from the wall and leak lots of water if it does so...

Clips..schmips. Doesn't the shelf hold it in place?

It's absolutely fine to terminate a condensate run with an air break like this, and better than than some other methods.

Sponsored Links
Clips..schmips. Doesn't the shelf hold it in place?

It's absolutely fine to terminate a condensate run with an air break like this, and better than than some other methods.
it's not resting on the shelf. I wonder water a couple of kilos of water at 80 degrees might do, especially if the pipe outside is just aimed down at an external gully. For the sake of a few clips and raw plugs and about 20 minutes work, I know I would not take the chance....

it's not resting on the shelf. I wonder water a couple of kilos of water at 80 degrees might do, especially if the pipe outside is just aimed down at an external gully. For the sake of a few clips and raw plugs and about 20 minutes work, I know I would not take the chance....

Hardly think that’s likely with it being a condensate pipe, although it would be good practice to fit a clip or two.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back