Can Fernox leak sealant be used in a microbore system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heat exchanger bottom plate is leaking in my Ideal Icos HE12 boiler. Apparently its not an O ring type gasket but a silicon paste and they often fail if they are stripped down and a new paste applied.

So what I want to know is can I put Fernox sealer into a microbore system or is it likely to block if theres an air bubble....and is it likely to do the job of sealing the heat exchanger?

Thanks for any input

Sponsored Links
Hmm dunno about that ?? As for the fernox leak sealer I have used it with success How ever it has also proved to be a disaster !

It blocked up a stainless steel heat exc on a condensing boiler ?? & the point is the heat exc in question is made up of coiled tube that is probably 10 mm. Giacomo type exc !

when you use it u take your chances ?? on the old cast iron boilers ect it was not such a problem , these modern day condensers ???????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back