Can I Use System Cleaner/Sludge Remover With Microbore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
System = Open vented, microbore, Ideal Icos boiler, 5 rads)

Can I use Sentinel X400 Sludge Remover or Fernox equivalent in my microbore system? If yes, how long do I need to leave it in the system with the heating on, before draining it out?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
You can use any cleaner you want, as long as it says "suitable for all metals" on the container.
I have had very good results with hyperflush from kamco, which can be left in for 4 weeks. Fernox f3 is also very good, but can only stay in for 2 weeks. The stuff only works when the boiler is on, so best to wait until it is a bit colder.

Trouble with using a cleansr in microbore is you may lift that much sh#te out of pipes and rads you will cause manifolds to block completly and have trouble flushing them out,dont take a lot

maybe if you fit a Magnaclean first, it will grab the passing black particles before theyt have a chance to gang up and form a blockage. I found one very satisfying to use with X400.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back