Sludge microbore system

Sponsored Links
A cleaner wouldn't effect sludge getting stuck in the smaller microbore pipes?
Potentially .... when a microbore system gets really bad there is always a chance that debris/particles can move and get caught when the system is being cleaned. Cant avoid that. That's why it is better to at least remove the rads and clean them manually, that way most of the debris will be flushed out and won't get moved through the system.

The alternative is that it is left the way it is but then the system wont get any better especially if there are already circulation issues.

Thanks I'll take the rads off and flush. Would adding a cleaner be a good option after?

Sponsored Links
Just a flush through the system pipework, you want to avoid shift any large bits of debris about. Then a good dose of inhibitor and a filter wouldn't go amiss.

It's an ideal classic boiler. Would a filter help control sludge I can imagine it would need emptying regularly once first installed. I can see the benefit of this

Yes... shut off the rad valve and remove the rad. Take it out and flush. Make sure the F&E cistern in the attic is nice and clean, then open each valve in turn and run the water until it runs clear, do that with every rad and every valve.

Running it like that will minimise moving any 'bits' and will flush out the system. Adding a filter will continue to trap any further debris once the system is back up and running and will protect the boiler.

Obviously your system wont be pristine but it will be the best you can make it without actually replacing the 8mm with 15mm and then cleaning aggressively and powerflushing.

there is a company who advertise a powder flushing service

micro bore is not an issue for them

even clears a complete blockage ( apparently)

never used them and dont know any one who has

but they advertise in the trade press ( no fix no charge?)

you could give em a go , sort of guinea pig ? for the process , lets us know how u get on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back