Can Honeywell vt200 TRV be calibrated?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed Honeywell vt200 TRVs on most of the radiators in the house and given them a brief test. Everything seems to work okay but there does seem to be some variation in temperature sensitivity - not totally unexpected as I realize these aren't scientific instruments.

The instruction sheet that came in the box appears to show some kind of calibration or adjustment but I can't make out what it's referring to as it's just a picture.

Here's the instructions (pdf):
http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Full-Install/pdf/946.pdf

Step 7 "Site Calibration" apparently shows the valve head opened up and something adjusted to 12mm. What is this? I can't see an easy way of opening the valve heads I've got as the plastic parts are snapped together quite firmly.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
12 mm will be the margin for calibration...it sounds like a lot of aggro to me...just run some at the number you are comfortable with...

I would be sure that they do come to pieces..you just have to know now...

I've installed Honeywell vt200 TRVs on most of the radiators in the house and given them a brief test. Everything seems to work okay but there does seem to be some variation in temperature sensitivity - not totally unexpected as I realize these aren't scientific instruments.

The instruction sheet that came in the box appears to show some kind of calibration or adjustment but I can't make out what it's referring to as it's just a picture.
No mention of "calibration" in this version of the Installation Instructions. (It's from the same web-site!)

It looks more like an assembly dimension than an instruction for adjustment in the field.

Your variation in sensitivity could be due to incorrect balancing. Read How to balance a CH system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back