Can I build off this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to build approximately 3lm of blockwork on the below existing oversite to form a downstairs WC.

Can I go straight off this without any fear of future issues or do i need to dig and pour deeper?

The concrete is just over 100mm

Sponsored Links
image has not been posted correctly - its not showing

Sponsored Links
Hmm thought you might say that. How deep a footing for a single skin block wall?

750 - 1000 for an internal single block wall?

If thats the case I may just use timber stud off the joists. Thought you were going to say 400-500

I’ve got an internal block wall in my extension and the inspector said I could just build it off the 130mm concrete slab I poured..

Sorry the photo I showed was just to demonstrate the depth. That area had been removed for a pad foundation so I thought it would give a good sectional view of the oversite. The wall will sit in the middle of an exiting room tied into 2 other existing walls. Does that make a difference.

It is a single skin blockwork wall, non load bearing to form the wc wall highlighted below in yellow.

Everything below the red dashed line is existing house with an oversite covering within it as in the original photo. The WC will sit right in the middle of the existing ground floor.

All existing joists have been removed and new joists will be installed. I had wanted to build the walls in yellow in blockwork to give a more sturdy construction and had wanted to build them straight off the oversite. Joisst would then be installed throughout the ground floor.

Does that make more sense?

upload_2021-6-21_20-44-39.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back