Can I do the work myself?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
okay i have a volker linea 24 combi boiler, with what looks like 2 problems, First i have a problem with loss of pressure, i've checked the radiators ect and cant find any leaks, i have a small semi detached house. i was told to check for leaks and then check the pressure vessel, i found no leaks the moved on to the vessel, i used a tester to test the pressure, when i tested water came out aswell as air the reader read 0.7 psi, from what im told the vessel needs replacing? can this cause the loss of pressure?. second is the problem with trying to get hot water from the taps ie running a bath the only way to get hot water is to run it slowly! if i run it fast the boiler seems to turn off so i turn tap off turn on again and it egnites. i noticed the temprature gauge showing bout 30-40 then when i turn the taps off see the gauge showing 90. from what i hear this is the is the heater exchange proberbly due to the repressurizing?

Now can i do the work myself are these hard jobs?, i could get the parts replace them and hopefully solve the problems and if i still have loss of pressure i know i still have another problem. or is it just best to get sum1 out, i just don't want to be wasting money if i can do it myself.

i have posted b4 about the loss of pressure sorry for the posts
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=112879

Sponsored Links
Now can i do the work myself are these hard jobs?, i could get the parts replace them and hopefully solve the problems and if i still have loss of pressure i know i still have another problem. or is it just best to get sum1 out, i just don't want to be wasting money if i can do it myself.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=112879[/QUOTE]

Only you or someone who knows you well enough can tell. You're asking strangers to tell you about your own ability, which is a worry in itself, so chances are it's better to call someone in.

You need a new EV before trying to fault find anything elase. One step at a time.

As this does not involve any gas carrying parts then I can see no reason for you not to do it.

Lack of hot water on this Vokera is probably due to the plate he blocked.

Sponsored Links
Removing the EXV will involve dismantling the flue if it exits behind the boiler.

That should only be done by a CORGi or in his own home by a very competent person!

Alternatively you can add a suitable external EXV anywhere on your heating system.

Tony

Any water coming out of the prv pipe?

No from what i can tell, put a bottle over prv pipe for 2 days, there was a tiny amount buy tiny im talking a few drops, not sure if the rain had got in

You need a new EV before trying to fault find anything elase. One step at a time.

As this does not involve any gas carrying parts then I can see no reason for you not to do it.

Lack of hot water on this Vokera is probably due to the plate he blocked.

Ty, gonna try replacing the EV myself. got the manuals from the manufactures site that help also, even if it just saves me money doing this one job myself then have to get someone in for lack of hot water.

If the EV is holding air pressure than its probaly ok, its possible to get water out of the schaeder valve from condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back