Can I drill holes to drain pooling water on decking

I can't really see shimming working, the levels changes will be so subtle it will likely just push the problem elsewhere.
And it will require unscrewing everything, so may as well reverse the planks. If they appear very different, like discolored or anything, I can sand them! or use a darker stained oil. I dont know, will decide when I have time to do it next year.

Sponsored Links
You just seem dead-set on turn them upside down but my point was, removing water whenever you can will stop them getting slimy and damaged in the interim. I sort of feel the UK isn't really well suited for it with our wetter climate. If I were starting over I would try to find the money for composite boards I think.

You could cut out a short section of the centre between bearers and install a post or a few bricks under to create a fall to the outside .Then replace decking boards .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back