Can i filler defects on dryline after the mist coat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as title guys, I have realised that some screw holes which were fillered, were not done well and I can see small dints indicating it could do with a second coat of easi fill on some of these screw holes.

After my initial mist coat however i was wondering whether i can do this and then rub down? Would i need to individually paint over these freshly filled/sanded patches and then commence with my second coat or could i get away with immediately starting on the second coat.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Its perfectly OK to to minor tweaks after your mist coat - in fact sometimes its the only way to go!

Easifil and sand until you're happy with the surface. However, to avoid any problems, I would just touch up the newly filled areas with a mist coat before you start on the next coats

Cheers for the tip ardvaark.

I took your and a few other guys advice and must say im doing ok so far.

Just a few issues, one is that it is takin forever to paint

Second im not sure how to tackle curved edges as i have a curved ceiling. When it comes to cutting in, ive cut in using a brush but when i roll paint on i cant meet the edges properly as the curve is too much for the 9" roller so need to go around the edge with a roller in order to get pain on neatly. How would you tackle curves and also angles. For example your painting in straight lines but come to a triangluar patch, how would you tackle that?

Finally I have realised that the window guys used silicon instead of caulk making it difficult to paint. These look manky with the surrounding painted. What do i do to tackle this issue

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back