can I fit a bath in here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
presently a shower room, cubicle would be coming out. as you look into the room the toilet is to the far left corner, sink far right corner, shower cubicle to immediate right. space/dimension wise, a small bath will fit along the right hand wall (that sink is currently tied to) and my thinking is to relocate the sink to sit immediately beside the toilet. so, looking in you'd see toilet, immediately beside it the sink, immediately beside it the bath.

possible? if required I could fit a smaller sink.

Sponsored Links
Possible. Bath will fit in if sink moved to next to toilet. Measure it out and see if it fit in. Bath common size is 700mm by 1700mm.

If the house is old, possible there was a old bath before changing to shower.

Daniel.

Possible. Bath will fit in if sink moved to next to toilet. Measure it out and see if it fit in. Bath common size is 700mm by 1700mm.

Daniel.

do I need any sort of planning permission? it's a private (ex council) property, freehold.

Sponsored Links

Daniel.

do I need any sort of planning permission? it's a private (ex council) property, freehold.

I hate to be pedantic, but will anyway; a sink is in the kitchen or utility room, a basin, wash basin or wash hand basin is fitted in your bathroom, toilet or shower room. If it's ex council house mate, there would certainly have been a bath previously fitted.

Though you can get 1500x700mm baths, I'm fairly sure there would have been a 5' 6" bath originally fitted so you should be fine with a 1700mm one.

Don't skimp on the bath you fit, you know what you Fifers are like!! Fit at least an 8mm acrylic(plastic) or a good quality steel bath. Fit a cheap bath & the whole street will hear you & the missus going at it hammer n tongs in it.
HTH

He's from Fife mate, he's not going to fork out 500 sheets for one of these daft things!! A Fifer has short arms & deep pockets, drink Horlics in the Pub so when it's their round they're asleep!!

:LOL:

have to confess i did think 'how much?!?' but cost aside not sure i like idea of reaching over toilet to wash hands :confused:

appreciate it's a bit of a 'how long's a piece of string???' question but can you give me a ballpark to:

- buy bath (£150?)
- buy thermostatic shower - to work off combi (£150?)
- buy basic bath screen (£50?)
- relocate and plumb sink beside toilet
- install and plumb bath and shower
- tile bath/shower area - basic tiles
- install bath screen

is this do-able for no more than £1,000 all in?

I managed a bathroom (toilet, sink, Bath and separate shower) for about a grand doing all the work myself.

I managed a bathroom (toilet, sink, Bath and separate shower) for about a grand doing all the work myself.

thanks. i'm forgetting there's a shower cubicle to come out but, depending on where the shower is, it can maybe just stay in-situ (the shower that is) thus cutting the work back a bit.

He's from Fife mate, he's not going to fork out 500 sheets for one of these daft things!! A Fifer has short arms & deep pockets, drink Horlics in the Pub so when it's their round they're asleep!!

:LOL:

have to confess i did think 'how much?!?' but cost aside not sure i like idea of reaching over toilet to wash hands :confused:

appreciate it's a bit of a 'how long's a piece of string???' question but can you give me a ballpark to:

- buy bath (£150?)
- buy thermostatic shower - to work off combi (£150?)
- buy basic bath screen (£50?)
- relocate and plumb sink beside toilet
- install and plumb bath and shower
- tile bath/shower area - basic tiles
- install bath screen

is this do-able for no more than £1,000 all in?

Thanks for taking your leg pull in good fun mate..... ;)

I don't see why it's not possible to do that for a grand.

One wee bit of advice; fit a thermostatic bath/shower mixer. This elevates the problem of trying to tile around a shower valve. I've fitted a few of these & they're good value;
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Tap...mostatic+Bath+Shower+Mixer/d240/sd2691/p91081

Add this;
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Tap...Bath+Filler+Extension+Legs/d240/sd2691/p94706

With a basin mono mixer tap & pop up waste it's class on a budget.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back