Swap shower cubicle with bath-shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I've just moved house and want to take out the corner shower cubicle and change to a bath with overhead shower, just wondering how much of a pain is it? I would assume there has been a bath in there at some point as its not a new build, I guess I'd have to take off tiles along the shower line to find where the bath taps used to be? My plan is to then use the plastic wall panels all round so not too concerned about ruining tiles and replace sink and toilet the room is only 2m x 1.7 but the wife need a bath
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201215-211643_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201215-211643_Samsung Internet.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 158
Sponsored Links
Hi all.

I've just moved house and want to take out the corner shower cubicle and change to a bath with overhead shower, just wondering how much of a pain is it? I would assume there has been a bath in there at some point as its not a new build, I guess I'd have to take off tiles along the shower line to find where the bath taps used to be? My plan is to then use the plastic wall panels all round so not too concerned about ruining tiles and replace sink and toilet the room is only 2m x 1.7 but the wife need a bath
Thanks
Chris 645 “I feel your pain” The wife has spoken;) Don’t know your skill set but not much of a pain to be honest. (Dependant on your skill set)

Do what i did.
I left the thermostatic bar where it was and fitted a bath with no holes.
Was taking the boss a whole 3 minutes extra to fill the bath but that was the compromise.
When kids grew up we didn't need the bath anymore, so i removed it, cleaned the tiles of the silicone and fitted a shower tray.
No work on the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back