Replace shower cubicle with bath (& panel)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all

we are looking at removing an ancient leaking shower cubicle in our house (which current is leaking into the room below)

my mrs would like to have a bath instead of the shower cubicle an have a glass panel for the shower

the bath room is tiny, 10ft long x 8ft. i will need to run pipes to the bath from the sink basin (is that ok?)

i was thinking i could install a "t" junction then run pipes to the bath an reconnect the sink?

is it true i will need to do solder joints or is it possible to do it with compression joints?

does all of this make sense??

thanks

Sponsored Links
You can do it however you want, bearing in mind the finished look.
It's normal to feed the bath and basin from the same pipework, depending what it's fed from and the available flow rate.

ahh fantastic

well we are getting the bathroom retiled so the floor is coming up anyway. so im hoping the run the pipes for the bath under the floor

sorry something else. how do i go about capping off a radiator as the bath will be going where the radiator currently is. can i just put compression caps on the pipes?

thanks

Yes you can with the proviso that it's always a good idea to only use compression fittings where they're accessible. That applies to the pipe runs as well, you can use them under floor if you must but it's better done with properly soldered joints.

Sponsored Links
if it's a gravity fed system, you didn't say, then the ideal would be to have 22mm pipe and then 15mm spurs to the sink and 22mm to the bath to ensure the best flow rates possible. If it's a combi hw and mains cold then 15mm would be fine.

gravity fed as in cold water tank in the loft?

i dont think so? im pretty sure we have a cold water tank but its not used we have a worcester combi boiler.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back